Sunday, 25 January 2015

Production Log Week 4

What progress did you make since your previous entry?

This week I had finished editing one interview together which was Suntia's one, and I had more than halfway done Mrs Lowndes interview. I went to Westfield and filmed all my pieces to camera shots and any location shots I could get to make sure I had enough. However, I did not get to film any Vox pops in and around Westfield which was a dissapoint because the area is very appealing.

What logistical challenges did you face and how did you overcome them?

The logistical challenges I faced were that the security came over and said I couldn't use the tripod anymore as it wasn't safe. However I did manage to film my pieces to camera in time so it wasn't as much as a problem. The real issue was not getting the Vox pops filmed because I was running out of time as I had to go to work, and no one wanted to be filmed as they were in a rush or didn't want to be on camera which seems to be the main problem. To overcome this, all I could do was to film down my street so people were familiar of who I am and hopefully they would be willing to be on camera.

What technical challenges did you face this week and how did you overcome them?

There were no technical challenges at all that I faced this week as the iMac was working perfectly fine and I managed to get most of the editing done on the interviews. This allowed me more time because I wasn't put back at all.


What targets do you aim to achieve before your next entry?

My aim for next week is to get all the vox pops done and to film any cutaway shots that need to be done. Then I will upload any of this footage up and finish editing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment